One of the most exciting aspects of buying a home is looking at different properties in your price range and seeing houses in all sizes, conditions and styles. It’s the best real estate education of all.
How Many to See
How many homes should you plan to view before you make a decision? That’s up to you, and will depend on the neighborhood, the market and your specific requirements. With all the homes on the market at any given time, the key is to focus your efforts on suitable properties. Darla will help by eliminating homes that don’t meet your criteria—and tracking down those that do.
What to Expect
Darla is happy to show you any house that’s on the market. Once you’re ready to view a property, here’s what you can expect:
- Schedule all visits in advance with Darla. The seller typically needs at least 2 hours notice, although 24 hours is preferred.
- Plan to spend up to 30 minutes seeing each property. Allow for travel time.
- Wear shoes that slip off easily.
- Try not to bring small children. They’ll probably become tired and bored, and without them, you’ll be better able to focus on the task at hand.
- Pay attention to the home’s curb appeal, floor plan and overall amenities.
- Take notes, ask questions and make comments that will help Darla understand your needs and what you like and don’t like about the home.
- Be considerate of the owners, who may or may not be present during the tour.
- Relax and have fun!